Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A sunny walk to the farm!

Spring is here! That means lots of new life at the farm! I went for a walk today because I wanted to see some baby goats that were born at the farm on sunday. They are soooo cute! The big billy goat was hogging the fence trying to get a treat ( Marnix always gives him a handful of calf grain) so I couldn't get many clear shots of the little ones. But I really enjoyed watching them all! Characters!

Next we (Marnix and I) walked through the calf barn and took a look at a big bull calf that was born yesterday. He was laying peacfully on the sawdust, and he wasn't in any hurry to get up. We let him be, of course I had to take a few pics of him! The other calves peeked their heads out of their pens, hoping to get fed.



 Marnix had to get back to work, so I had a visit with the three donkeys. They seemed to be posing for me, and I got some very gorgeous pics of them!





After that it was time to head back home to my housework. I really enjoyed my walk in the sunshine! I took some more pics on my way home. The magnolia's are almost ready to bloom!
                        What a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment